RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR ENTRIES
- In 2016 everyone must pay Fair Admission ($12) at the entrance gate. There will also be a hold back of 10% of all winnings in adult classes.
- Entries may be made personally at the office in the Fairgrounds Thursday, September 7th 2017 from 12:00 noon until 8:00 p.m. Entry tags and forms may be obtained at the Uxbridge Public Library or Township Office before September 5th.
- Entry tags must be firmly attached to every article being shown.
- All entries intended for the Hall must be in the hands of the Directors by 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 8th at which time the buildings will be closed for judging, and must remain until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 10th or exhibitor will forfeit any prize
- Every article entered for competition must be the bonafide property of the exhibitor and all articles shown must have been grown, produced or manufactured by the exhibitor since the last exhibition.
- Judges have discretionary power to withhold a prize whenever an animal or article is considered not worthy or not in accordance with the rules of the Society.
- Any person conversing or interfering with the judges while on duty will forfeit whatever right they may have to a prize.
- In case of protest, it must be made in writing and deposited with the Secretary on the day of the Fair. It must state plainly the cause of complaint and be accompanied with a deposit of Twenty ($20.00) Dollars which shall be forfeited to the Society in case of the protest not being sustained.
- The Secretary will pay the prize money by cheque except as noted on certain Sections. Please read the rules of the Section you are interested in carefully. Any prize cheque not cashed by November 30 will be forfeited to the Society. In the event of lack of funds to pay prizes in full, a percentage will be paid to all prize winners alike. Winnings will be mailed by October 31st 2016.
9. Though every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Directors to ensure the safety of articles in Exhibition, it is understood that the exhibits are placed at the owner’s risk and the Society is not in any way liable for injury or theft to competitors and/or exhibits while on exhibition.
10. The society recognizes the right of privacy of individuals with respect to their personal information. Information collected will be used solely for communication and the business of the Society.
11.Please be advised that members or agents of the Uxbridge-Scott Agricultural Society (“U.S.A.S.”) will be taking photographs and videos for advertising and commercial use during the Uxbridge Fall Fair and other related Society activities. The U.S.A.S. reserves the exclusive right to photograph all participants, attendees, performers, exhibitors and volunteers (without exception). Your attendance at a U.S.A.S. event constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print or electronic publicity solely by the U.S.A.S. To ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval from the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian. If you object to your likeness be used in any form, please attend at the Fair Office prior to the close of the Fair and provide your full name, address and telephone number and allow us to photograph you in order to have you likeness excluded.