≈Family Pumpkin Carving Competition≈
Sponsored by James-Campbell Insurance
Rules and Regulations
- The pumpkins used must be real, no foam or other materials.
- The opening to remove the seeds and pulp must be on the bottom. Vine stock still attached.
- All art work must be original. No purchased stencils are to be used.
- The theme for the Fair may be used as your pumpkin theme.
- All pumpkins must be carved. Painting or drawing is not allowed
- At least 50 % of the art work must penetrate into the center cavity
- Pieces of the pumpkin or other vegetable, fruit, grain or flower pieces can be attached for horns, ears etc. using wooden skewers. No other materials will be allowed.
- No inappropriate pumpkins will be judged or put on display.
- Pumpkins must be in the hands of the Directors by 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 5th and must remain until 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 8th or exhibitor will forfeit any prize.
PRIZE MONEY: $25 to First Place in each class
- Small 10 inch diameter or smaller
- Medium 10.5 to 16 inches in diameter
- Large above 16 inches in diameter
Diameter will be measured approximately at the half way point between the stem and base.