Saturday September 8th, 2018 – 6pm
Leaf Blower Soccer will be returning for the fourth year. It will start at
6.00 on the Saturday as a warm up to the Demolition Derby. This year
participants from the crowd may enter as a team member of the existing teams
when asked. For these individuals safety items will be provided. For Team
entry please contact Dave Dickie 905-852-5040. Rules attached please note
that personal safety items are mandatory.
Leaf Blower Soccer is a fun event designed to entertain the spectators before the Demolition Derby. The rules are simple and the registration will be limited due to time restrictions. Teams must supply their own equipment and be dressed for safety.
- Have Fun
- Each team should have 6 team members max. 1 member to be the goalie. Goalie to control the area inside the goalie crease, foul called when all hell breaks loose. 3 members on the field at one time, plus the goalie.
- Team members can rotate off and on as see fit, including the goalie, but cannot exceed the 3 + goalie limit.
- A simple contact by the ball, of the defended back wall constitutes a goal
- Face off to be at the center line, middle controlled by the referee.
- Foul balls going off the field will be thrown on by the officials at the point where the ball went foul.
- Good sportsmanship and lots of laughing encouraged.
- No physical contact except for a handshake and pat on the back when done.
- Safety Safety glasses/goggles mandatory Hearing protection encouraged Full face shield suggested
- Short pants, sleeves suicidal
- Time Limit: Each game will be 6 minutes in length or until the first team player passes out.
- Ties will be voted on by crowd applause.