VIRTUAL CULINARY ARTS
CHAIRPERSONS - Sandy Evans (905) 852-5092 and Jacki Sweet (905) 852-5267
Please note that this year the Culinary classes will be run virtually. Entries will be judged based on appearance only using photos uploaded by the Exhibitor.
This temporary change in classes is designed to allow for as many opportunities for participation as possible. We hope and expect to return to our typical classes and judging criteria in 2022. This criteria includes taste, texture, appearance, uniformity, etc. We expect the 2022 classes to include our usual complement of cakes, pies, breads, tarts, cookies, squares, preserves, and special classes. We hope to see you again in 2022!
Details may be subject to change. Please check for updates at uxbridgefair.ca
1. Read general rules for Homecraft Building.
2. All entries must be received by Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm through our AssistExpo system. Please visit www.uxbridgefair.ca for details.
3. Entries will be judged solely on appearance based on photos uploaded by the Exhibitor.
RULES FOR HOMECRAFT DIVISION
1. All general rules and regulations apply.
2. All virtual entries must be submitted online by 11:59 pm on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. Please visit www.uxbridgefair.ca for instructions on how to enter.
3. Please read carefully what is required. Not following instructions may result in disqualification or lower placement.
4. Entries must be in “new condition” and not previously judged at the Uxbridge Fair.
5. Please contact the chairperson or Tara Hannah (647) 444-0535 if there are any questions.
Prizes: 1st: $5, 2nd: $4, 3rd: $3
Any cake decorated for a celebration
Any pie judged on top design (lattice, decorative shapes, etc.)
Decorated cupcakes, farm theme, 4
Fancy cookies, iced like a flower, 4
Fancy cookies, no icing (geometric, multicuoloured, etc.), 4
Sweets tray (collection of sweets for a celebration, displayed on a platter)
Charcuterie tray (a collection of cured meats, cheese, nuts, fruit, crackers, etc. meant for grazing)