CHAIRPERSON: Nancy Hannah (905) 852-7286
Open to all ages
Prize money: $5.00, $4.00, $3.00, $2.00
Rosettes awarded for outstanding workmanship.
The Uxbridge Fair Board will award a plaque for the most points in the Handworks section.
Details may be subject to change. Please check for updates at uxbridgefair.ca
NOTE: If item is suitable for hanging, please include hanger (e.g. wire, hook, string). If you would like to be acknowledged as the oldest in the Golden Years Section or the youngest in the Handwork Section then please put your age on the fold-up portion of the exhibitor’s tag.
Prizes: 1st: $5, 2nd: $4, 3rd: $3, 4th: $2, others: $0 (10% kept by the fair)
High Point Winner Bethesda - Reach Women's Institute Prize: $25
Highest points in the Handcrafts and Christmas Corner
1. Baby shower gift
2. Bridal shower gift
3. Bazaar item, no knitting – (retail value under $10)
4. Bazaar item, no knitting– (retail value $10 and over)
5. One handmade greeting card, with an envelope, for any celebration
6. Any handmade market basket - kits welcome - any technique, with sample
7. Any handmade decorative hair accessory
8. Shopping bag - handmade - any technique, with sample
9. Counted cross stitch - stitched area 5" x 7" or less
10. Counted cross stitch - stitched area greater than 5" x 7"
11. Handcrafted piece of jewellery - no kits
12. Any upcycled item (made from something re-purposed)
13. Any edible or non-edible "gift in a Mason jar"
14. Any bookmark with a farm theme - any medium
15. Any door decoration - ready to hang - Fall theme
16. A garden decoration (i.e. stepping stone or rock, windchime, birdhouse)
17. Any farm theme table favour
18. Any wooden "thing" with dimensions not greater than 12" in any direction
For example: name plaque, lawn decoration, etc.
19. Make a miniature (under 5") using any medium
20. Decorate a charger plate - fair theme - any size
21. Article of handwork not mentioned anywhere in Handwork "Section N"
22. Any centrepiece for a Fall table - no maximum size
23. Any gift basket or tin suitable for a celebration
24. President's Special - Silent Auction Class Prizes: 1st: $25, 2nd: $15, others: $0 (10% kept by the fair)
Enter any handmade item that would be suitable for a silent auction
All entries become the property of the Uxbridge Fair and will be auctioned during the Fair weekend. All proceeds benefit the Uxbridge Fair.
25. Scarecrow Contest Special Prizes: 1st: $50, 2nd: $25, 3rd: $15, others: $0 (10% kept by the fair)
Scarecrow to represent theme "Farm Gate to Dinner Plate".
The entries can be submitted only between 10:00 a.m. and 12 noon on the Saturday of the Fair weekend. Judging at 1:00 p.m. at the Fair office. Open to all ages. Please see General Rules for more information.
Prizes: 1st: Rosette, 2nd: Rosette, 3rd: Rosette
CHRISTMAS CORNER, Chairperson: Katie Assinck (905) 862-0166:
Any items that don't fit Christmas Corner categories may be entered by the exhibitor into applicable handwork classes
26. Christmas mantel or buffet decoration - any materials
27. Christmas wreath, swag or door decoration
28. Stocking - any medium - kits welcome
29. Any natural tree decoration
Using embellishments from the natural environment.
Example: pine cones, pine boughs, berries
30. Any free-standing Christmas tree or Christmas ornament
Example: metal angel, lathing star
Any medium, maximum 50 cm (20 in.) high
31. Christmas Character - any medium
Example: Snowman, Elf, angel - with samples
32. Christmas table runner or tree skirt
33. Handcrafted greeting card and envelope
34. Item of Christmas clothing with Christmas motif
For example: hat, vest, sweater
35. Any edible Christmas decoration
E.g. Popcorn/cranberry string, homemade candy cane, gingerbread Santa, angel, elf
36. Any decoration celebrating Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Eid
Or other winter seasonal celebration