Junior Culinary Arts Section 2018
CHAIRPERSONS - Sandy Evans (905) 852-5092 and Jacki Sweet (905) 852-5267
Details may be subject to change. Please check for updates at uxbridgefair.ca
All junior culinary arts exhibits will be judged and displayed in the Culinary Arts section. Please refer to the Rules and Regulations and read the Rules for Junior Division. Junior prize winnings must be picked up at the Fair office during Fair weekend. They will be available after 10:00 a.m. Saturday, and all day Sunday. Entrants must provide their duplicate entry list.
REMEMBER - Juniors may also enter the Adult Culinary Arts classes.
* SEE ALSO SPECIAL NEEDS BAKING CLASSES*
Prizes: 1st: $5, 2nd: $4, 3rd: $3, 4th: $2
1. OAAS Special - Plain Chocolate Chip Cookies
(no nuts) 4 on a plate no larger than 3" (6.75 cm) nor smaller than 2" (5 cm)
Contest is open to youth ages 10 to 15 years ( as of Dec. 31 of current year). First prize will be eligible to compete at the District 4 Annual Meeting. Include a copy of your recipe.
AGE 12 AND UNDER CLASS:
2. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies- Quantity 4
3. Any other cookie (not chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin) - Quantity 4
4. Rice Krispie Squares - Quantity 4
5. Cupcakes decorated in the " Farm Gate to Dinner Plate" theme
Quantity 4 - may use a mix and judged on decoration only
6. Your Favourite Square - Quantity 4
7. Your Favourite Cookie - Quantity 4
BAKE WITH AN ADULT, AGE 10 & UNDER AS OF THE CURRENT YEAR:
8. Sugar Cookie - 1 only decorated in the "Farm Gate to Dinner Plate" theme
Judged on decoration only