NOTE: All entries must include a fabric sample.
Open size, must be hand or machine quilted by exhibitor unless specified within class.
Details may be subject to change. Please check for updates at uxbridgefair.ca
QUILT CLASSES (see O.A.A.S. Championship Conditions at end of QUILTS section):
Prizes: 1st: $10, 2nd: $8, 3rd: $6
1. Tied Quilt
2. Rag Quilt
3. Modern Quilt
4. Traditional Quilt
5. Tag Team Quilt
Quilt assembled by one person, quilted by another. Enter under one name but name both people.
6. Any pieced Quilt
7. Any machine embroidered quilt
MISCELLANEOUS QUILTED ARTICLES:
Prizes: 1st: $5, 2nd: $4, 3rd: $3, 4th: $2
8. Any quilt top
9. Appliqued or pieced crib quilt
Not from a pre-cut kit or panel
10. Other crib quilt
May use a pre-cut kit or panel
11. Any quilted miniature, less than 23" x 36"
12. Any item made using the paper piecing technique
Quilted or not quilted
13. Quilted article of clothing
14. Any quilted personal accessory
E.g. purse, bag, shawl, etc.
15. Any quilted home accessory
E.g. table runner, cushion, 2 place mats, etc.
16. Any fabric landscape - ready to hang
17. Any machine or hand embroidered wall hanging - ready to hang
18. Any quilted item using more than one technique
19. Any sample quilt block - assembled, not quilted
20. Men only class: any quilt or quilted item
21. Fair theme block - unquilted
Unfinished size 12 1/2" to be displaced squarely
OAAS. Annual Hand Quilted Championship Quilt Prizes: 1st: $20, 2nd: $15, $10
Please name your quilt pattern, if known
Eligibility, Rules and Regulations
A. Entries must be solely made and hand quilted by the exhibitor and exhibited and judged at a local Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) to be eligible for this competition.
B. Entry quilts must be a minimum of 324" measured on the perimeter (smaller quilts will not be eligible to proceed to the next level of competition).
C. The winner's name and pattern to be displayed at the Fair on sign provided by OAAS.
D. Judging will occur at local fairs and district levels. A Provincial Grand Champion quilt will be selected at the Annual OAAS Convention.
E. Upon making an entry into the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies Quilt Competition, the Exhibitor agrees to participate in any promotional activities related to the competition.
F. The winning Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies Champion quilt will not be eligible to compete in any future District and/or Convention OAAS competition.