RULES & REGULATIONS
1. All Livestock exhibitors AND every person arriving with them MUST pre-register on ASSISTEXPO by August 21st. For help with this process, please visit www.uxbridgefair.ca and follow the links. Alternately, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Each registered person will be issued a wristband at the gate when they check-in. This is required by Durham Health for contact tracing and total person count on the property. Anyone arriving who has NOT been pre-registered WILL NOT be allowed on the property.
ENTRY FEE OF 10% WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM ALL PRIZE WINNINGS IN ADULT CLASSES IN ALL DIVISIONS.
2. All Livestock entries MUST include the Uxbridge Fair Premises ID # ON4232599.
3. Entries for the Virtual Homecraft Division and the Virtual Horticultural Division must be made online using ASSISTEXPO. The entry deadline is Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 11:59p. Please visit www.uxbridgefair.ca for detailed instructions.
4. Entry tags must be firmly attached to every article being shown. All exhibitors of livestock must have a numerical entry tag for admission to the show ring. Incomplete entry tags may result in disqualification.
5. Every animal or article entered for competition must be the bonafide property of the exhibitor and all articles shown must have been grown, produced or manufactured by the exhibitor since the last exhibition.
6. Age of stock date from January 1, except cattle, to date from July 1.
7. No animal shall be allowed to compete in more than one class of a section, except in herd, or for sweepstake, or special, and no person will be allowed to make more than one entry in any section other than animals.
8. Cattle must be on the grounds by 11:00 a.m., unless otherwise stated in the corresponding section rules, or it will be the option of the judges whether they will be judged or not. All animals must be securely tied while on the grounds. Exhibitors must have liability insurance.
9.Judges have discretionary power to withhold a prize whenever an animal or article is considered not worthy or not in accordance with the rules of the Society.
10. Any person conversing or interfering with the judges while on duty will forfeit any right to a prize.
11. In case of protest, it must be made in writing and deposited with the Secretary on the day of the Fair. It must state plainly the cause of complaint and be accompanied with a deposit of Twenty ($20.00) Dollars which may be forfeited to the Society in case of the protest not being sustained.
12. The Secretary will pay the prize money by cheque except as noted on certain Sections. Please read the rules of the Section you are interested in carefully. Any prize cheque not cashed by November 30th will be forfeited to the Society. In the event of lack of funds to pay prizes in full, a percentage will be paid to all prize winners alike. Winnings will be mailed by October 31, 2021.
13. The statute provides that the Society shall have control of the grounds and for a distance of 300 yards surrounding the same. Privileges for refreshment booths and for sale of goods on or adjacent to the grounds and hall must be arranged with the Space Rental/Vendor Chairperson - Deb Dickie, 905 852-5040 or email email@example.com
14. Though every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Directors to ensure the safety of articles, it is understood that the exhibits are placed at the owner's risk and the Society is not in any way liable for injury or theft to competitors and/or exhibits while on exhibition.
15. The Society recognizes the right of privacy of individuals with respect to their personal information. Information collected will be used solely for communication and the business of the Society.
16. Please be advised that members of agents of the Uxbridge-Scott Agricultural Society (“U.S.A.S.”) will be taking photographs and videos for advertising and commercial use during the Uxbridge Fall Fair and other related Society activities, such as livestreaming on our social media accounts. The U.S.A.S. reserves the exclusive right to photograph all participants, attendees, performers, exhibitors and volunteers (without exception). Your attendance at a U.S.A.S. event constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print or electronic publicity solely by the U.S.A.S.. To ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without the written approval of the photographed subject, parent, or legal guardian. If you object to your likeness being used, please come to the Fair Office PRIOR to the START of the Fair and provide your full name, address and telephone number and allow us to photograph you in order to have your likeness excluded. Forms may be obtained at the Uxbridge Public Library or Township Office before September 1st.
17. Any inappropriate or abusive handling of animals may be subject to disqualification and/or ejection from the grounds.
18. No refunds will be issued due to inclement weather and/or resulting cancelled event.
N.B. EMS AND SECURITY WILL BE ON SITE.